Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Our real estate has taken us to court 3 times in 12 months

Customer Question
and lost every time. she...
our real estate has taken us to court 3 times in 12 months and lost every time. she says we are behind in rent when we are not. im tired of her harrassment. what can i do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You need to have the court enter an order that any future claims are dismissed with prejudice which means she cannot bring the same claim to be heard again. If the court dismisses the claim without prejudice this allows her to keep bringing the claim. "with prejudice" is the key. You would file a motion to dismiss "with prejudice" and explain to the jduge that it is the same claim she is bringing over and over.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer