How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118175
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a property in Wi this last year. The house needed

Customer Question

I bought a property in Adams Wi this last year. The house needed some finishing, but I was for the challenge. Now, as we Get into it, we find out that the house was built without a permit back in 1983+/-. It also has no occupancy permit. What can I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You will need to file for the permits now and seek a waiver from the building commission. You also have a right to sue the seller for any extra costs you incur in having to secure waivers and permits to correct the issue regarding the house not having any permits (not the cost of all of your repairs, just costs of what is needed to get a waiver on the initial construction).