Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I bought a property in Wi this last year. The house needed

Customer Question

I bought a property in Adams Wi this last year. The house needed some finishing, but I was for the challenge. Now, as we Get into it, we find out that the house was built without a permit back in 1983+/-. It also has no occupancy permit. What can I do.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You will need to file for the permits now and seek a waiver from the building commission. You also have a right to sue the seller for any extra costs you incur in having to secure waivers and permits to correct the issue regarding the house not having any permits (not the cost of all of your repairs, just costs of what is needed to get a waiver on the initial construction).