Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Have you encountered a situation where a landlord cancels a…

Customer Question
Hi Roger,Have you encountered a...
Hi Roger,Have you encountered a situation where a landlord cancels a writ if all dues have been paid? Is payment with reservations considered a payment plan?Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Roger, Lawyer

Hi - sorry that I'm just seeing this.

Yes, a landlord can cancel or withdraw the claim if the tenant pays all fees and expenses due. That would just be something left up to the discretion of the landlord......but if the payments were accepted and the payment was a full satisfaction of the amount claimed, the landlord should not have much of a choice.

If there are any reservations made by the landlord as to the payment, the affect of that would depend on what the reservations are.