Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a lease that ends March 31. I was required to let my

Customer Question
I have a lease that...
I have a lease that ends March 31. I was required to let my landlord know whether I intend to renew or terminate 60 days prior which I did. I would like to negotiate a 3 or 6 month out clause with 60 days notice since I am in a job transition.
What are my rights past March 31? Do I have to exit the apartment if there is no deal or do they have to notify me in writing before the 60 day notice kicks in (is it correct that you must have 60 days notice in writing to vacate?).
Do you have any clauses that permit an exit after 3 or 6 months with 60 days notice? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

After 3/31 you are a month to month tenant. Each month the landlord accepts rent and you remain renews the tenancy.

The landlord would need to give 30 days notice to terminate once he accepted rent after the lease expired.

Are you online with me?

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Loren, Lawyer