Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

This is complicated. I bought property from my father that…

Customer Question
This is complicated. I bought...
This is complicated. I bought property from my father that my sister lives on part of. She paid my water bill as her rent to me until fall of 2013. she then refused to pay it any longer. she also refuses to pay me anything to live there. I also live on another part of the property. When I tell her I will take her to court she said that since she lived there before when my father owned the property she has squatters rights and does not have to pay anything. Is this so?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/18/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you made any written demands for rent?

Tina, Lawyer