Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I bought a condo and paid cash, I had no mortgage with

Customer Question
anyone, and I was remodeling...
I bought a condo and paid cash, I had no mortgage with anyone, and I was remodeling it. Wells Fargo contractors were trying to evict a tenant and wrongly broke into my condo, destroying my new door, floor and carpet. How much can I recover?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/18/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you gotten estimates for the cost of repairs for the damages?

.

.

thanks

I have the estimates
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Ok, then that is the measure of your damages.. If you submit a demand letter to Wells Fargo for the cost of any repairs, and they refuse to pay you, then your recourse is to sue them in small claims court for your damages and court costs.

.

Since they are clearly in the wrong here, they should just cut you a check if you send a demand letter to them with copies of your estimate for the cost of repairs (use the highest one).

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer