Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I bought a condo and paid cash, I had no mortgage with

Customer Question

I bought a condo and paid cash, I had no mortgage with anyone, and I was remodeling it. Wells Fargo contractors were trying to evict a tenant and wrongly broke into my condo, destroying my new door, floor and carpet. How much can I recover?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you gotten estimates for the cost of repairs for the damages?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the estimates
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then that is the measure of your damages.. If you submit a demand letter to Wells Fargo for the cost of any repairs, and they refuse to pay you, then your recourse is to sue them in small claims court for your damages and court costs.

.

Since they are clearly in the wrong here, they should just cut you a check if you send a demand letter to them with copies of your estimate for the cost of repairs (use the highest one).

.

.

thanks