Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I own property with a 100 ft. easement. 60 foot road

Customer Question

I own property with a 100 ft. easement.*****requirement, no problem. But along the roadway a fence line with unlocked gates is parallel to the road which is within the 100`. Does not interfere with utility. However it also says for public use. Does the fence need to go. It is used to contain livestock.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The easement is for undeveloped land. one land owner wants it removed even though he has not demonstrated a basic requirement to build on his land but says it prevents his development.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
california
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

In other words, you own this livestock and are asking if the easement needs to be fenced off from your livestock so the livestock would not interfere with the use of the easement by the dominant party. Correct?

(Dominant party means the party that USES the easement.)

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!