How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Arbitrator
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1624
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Texas Real estate: I am selling a home in Texas to a

Customer Question

Texas Real estate: I am selling a home in Texas to a Revocable Trust (RV), for cash. What are all the documents I would sign and get copies of? and would the name of the Trust or trustee be on the contract?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. If you are selling your home you can sell it to a trust and the trust itself will be named in the deed as the buyer, as "XYZTrust".

At the settlement you will be given a copy of the deed, which transfers the property from the you to the buyer. seller to the buyer. The deed is given and filed with the county recorder of deeds to record.

You ou will also sign a real estate contract which transfers the property that is being sold along with the house, and other items in the house such as furnaces, air conditioners, appliances, light fixtures, window treatments, security systems, antenna, or cable or dish TV equipment, from the seller to the buyer. The document will typically list the property to be transferred, or refer to the contract that lists the personal property.

You will also sign a sellers affidavit. lt is a sworn, notarized statement by the you confirming ownership of the property and describing any known title defects such as leases, liens, or work on the property that could potentially create liens, boundary line disputes, or outstanding contracts for the sale of the property.

You will also sign tax transfer documents. In many states, counties, and municipal governments charge real property transfer taxes and require you the buyer and seller to sign declarations disclosing the purchase price and calculating the tax.

You will get copies of all of these at the settlement. I hope this helps with your question.

Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Anything else, just ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to the trust decided to pay cash, it was a 'financing' situation however, as the date neared for closing there where were a few items that needed to be addressed by the buyer.. so the closing date was pushed back twice. should the extension of loan closing date be included? and do I get copies of that also?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. The extension of the loan and the outstanding items should be written out and a date for completion/extension of the closing date should be included in the correspondence.