Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Home is in foreclosure. do I move out before with my stuff…

Customer Question
home is in foreclosure....
home is in foreclosure. do I move out before with my stuff or do I have any time if it is sold. there is still snow and ice on ground making this difficult. I am 71.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RealEstateAnswer

Good afternoon. Yes, you will have time after it is sold. You would get a notice to vacate and then if you fail to move, would be evicted. What you do want to be aware of is that if you need additional time, you should start the process now. I am not sure how long and far into the foreclosure process you are but if a sale date is approaching, you may only have a few weeks after that, to vacate the home. If you can not move out now, then you have no choice but to wait but should at least have a place to move to and ready to go, in the next few weeks.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer