Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How do i file a suit with small claims court about unpaid…

Customer Question
Hello. how do i...

Hello. how do i file a suit with small claims court about unpaid utilities and the infestation of bed bugs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Real Estate issues can be tricky and expensive. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

The amount of

Lawyer's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

850.00

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Real Estate Lawyer should be aware of?

My roommate and i agreed orally that she and i would put one of the Utilities bills in our names when we first moved in. I moved in a week early back in August so had put both in my name , my roommate has only paid once of those two bills and hasn't paid my anything since Sept. she is snow stating that she isn't going to give me anything at all. i do have text messages from her acknowledging that she owes me and how does she go about paying me.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?

Tina, Lawyer