Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

What is a good website that can show me a mortgage lender…

Customer Question
What is a good website...
What is a good website that can show me a mortgage lender with the lowest points and interest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you .

Here are estimated closing costs and interest in one site.Know that all closing costs are estimated and may vary slightly.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/mortgages/closing-costs/new-york.aspx

hi

thank you for your response but what I meant was that is there anything I can compare lenders.

All the lenders are going to be close to the same amount.

Here is a more detailed memo about closing costs in NYC, the variable here is the amount of the purchase , it will change this, the higher the dale the higher closing costs.

http://agmblaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/AGMB-LLP-Closing-Costs-Guide-2015.pdf

A good rule of thumb is to set aside roughly 2 to 3 percent of the purchase price or 3 to 4 percent if the apartment is over $1 million (to cover the so-called mansion tax, a state property tax).

Closing costs will be higher if you’re buying a condo. First off, you’ll have to cover title insurance. The state determines rates for the insurance itself, and there are also various administrative charges, so expect to spend about $3,000 to $4,000. Co-ops don’t require title insurance, since technically there’s no transfer of title for real property, since you’re buying shares in a corporation.

Secondly, if you need a mortgage to buy a condo , expect to pay $2,000 to $3,000 for bank fees, including your bank attorney’s fees and an appraisal, which may start at $500 and climb quite a bit higher, depending on the purchase price. You’ll also have to cover a mortgage tax of 1.925 percent for loans over $500,000 or 1.8 percent for loans under $500,000. Again, this only applies to condos.

The last big charge is for attorney’s fees, which vary quite a bit, but tend to range from $2,000 to $5,000 for lawyers who specialize in real estate deals.

so if under a million here plan on 3%, 4% if over a million, this would be a no more than amount here, it may be less.

Thats the best guestimate I can give you here.It's pretty close to give you a feel for what you are looking at.This will not vary a lot between lenders.

Calculator plug in the sales price this is pretty accurate.

https://smartasset.com/mortgage/closing-costs#Ger5cOvU0u

Thanks again for the chance to help and good luck here with all of this.

Lenders here are not going to quote closing costs but you can calculate and know pretty close what all of them would charge.It doesn't vary that much.