Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own 1 1/2 lots in an air park. The taxiway is an easement…

Customer Question
I own 1 1/2 lots...
I own 1 1/2 lots in an air park. The taxiway is an easement 25' onto each parcel. I wish to move the taxiway to the far side of the 1/2 lot. He purpose is to increase the size of my yards on give me more usable space.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Other than hire another attorney, there is no other way to speed this along. This is based on negotiations with the easement holders and a survey and study to show the moving of the taxiway would not cause an unreasonable inconvenience by the move. Your attorney agreed to represent you, so if you paid him to do that you need to hold him to do his job and to submit the written agreement for the easement change.
I have contacted the attorney a few times with no apparent results. I have gotten verbal oaks from the bordering land owners.
I cannot send them something that locks them in enough for me to start to clear my land, assuming he best? When the time comes to get a survey, should I rely on the attorney or do that myself?Thanks
Thank you for your reply.
Verbal agreements from neighbors would not be enough, if you do not get written approval, then they can get a court injunction to stop you. If they are unreasonably withholding approval, suing them in court to force them to approve or give good cause reason why it would not be approved.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer