Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a property in Texas that's under my name and my ex

Customer Question
wife name I haven't been...
I have a property in Texas that's under my name and my ex wife name I haven't been living there since August 2013 and I need my name removed from it she lives there with my 11 year old daughter and has made all the payments on her behalf since i left. Can you help me get the house off of my name I'm trying to get a new he for me and my family which includes my unborn son and she blocked me and has shut me out completely
Thank you for your time
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry....I am not sure I understand. You want to transfer your interest in this home to your ex? Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to chat on the phone

Thank you

YOu can accomplish that with a quit claim deed. YOu sign the deed (in front of a notary) and give it to her. She can take it to the county records office and have it recorded...then you are done

For a phone call, there will be an option you can select from your interface.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I get a quit claim done

You can have a local attorney draft one for you. Or you can purchase online and fill it out yourself.

Follow up. Please let me know if you have more questions, Otherwise please rate the answer so I may receive credit for my work
thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to also remove my name from the mortgage
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She doesn't have enough work time to assume the property
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

I am a different attorney as the attorney that was assisting you opted out. The way to have your name removed from title is to have a quit claim deed prepared transferring title out of both of your names to her name alone. The only way to be removed from the mortgage is by refinancing the property into her name alone or paying off the mortgage. Where in Texas are you located so I can provide you with a link for a local attorney that can prepare a deed for you and assist with the mortgage?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney