Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am a 100& service connected Veteran selling our house.

Customer Question
After protracted negotiations we agreed...
After protracted negotiations we agreed on a deal with an fiRm price and NO CONTINGENES, no home inspection, nor any other.
The buyer then a couple days later comes back requesting a Home Inspection after agreeing to not have one.
This is R E 101 negotiating. Get the seller to accept a price they would not have normally agreed to, in this case no contingencies, which was the only reason we ac cepted this price.
Is this buyer entitled to a Home Inspection, a possible renotiation of the net price to the Sellers?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...that is, it depends on context.

Do you have a signed contract with the buyer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
agreement on no contingencies including NO Home Inspection.Buyers tactics are straight out of R E 101 Negotiating.

Thank you
If you have a signed agreement with NO contingencies and NO inspection?

Then you can refuse to budge on this...you can force them to abide by the terms of the sales contract. That is basic contract law.

If they do not complete the sale as required by the contract? YOu can keep their deposit as liquidated damages

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Follow up. I see you had the chance to review my answer. Please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Thank you
Phil

P. Simmons, Lawyer