How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31685
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am attempting to purchase a house from a bank that was

Customer Question

I am attempting to purchase a house from a bank that was foreclosed on the property. The redemption period has already passed. The tenant has lived in the home since 1999 but has not made a payment on this property for over 4 years. Once escrow closes, how do I evict this tenant since I will not have a rental agreement or any contract in place?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This person would be considered a month-to-month tenant, and you'd evict the tenant the same as any other. First, you'd give a 30 day notice to vacate, and if the tenant fails or refuses to do so, then you'd have to file an eviction action and get a court order directing the tenant to vacate the premises.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Here's a good link that you can read:

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation. Thanks!

Related Real Estate Law Questions