Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am attempting to purchase a house from a bank that was

Customer Question

I am attempting to purchase a house from a bank that was foreclosed on the property. The redemption period has already passed. The tenant has lived in the home since 1999 but has not made a payment on this property for over 4 years. Once escrow closes, how do I evict this tenant since I will not have a rental agreement or any contract in place?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This person would be considered a month-to-month tenant, and you'd evict the tenant the same as any other. First, you'd give a 30 day notice to vacate, and if the tenant fails or refuses to do so, then you'd have to file an eviction action and get a court order directing the tenant to vacate the premises.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Here's a good link that you can read: https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1253_ResidentialEvictionNotices.htm

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation. Thanks!