Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My sister in low is a 70 years old retired nurse senior. She…

Customer Question
My sister in low is...
My sister in low is a 70 years old retired nurse senior. She lives alone in a condo in Miami FL. Her health is getting worst. She needs a kneed operation, and she hardly can walk. According to her she is trying to do a reverse mortgage, and her condo association is holding the process because they do not have some insurance paper in compliance. Soon she is not going to be able to maintain herself if she does not apply for a reverse mortgage. She is very depressed and desperate. How can you help her?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/15/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
This service is limited to legal experts, such as myself, providing general answers to customers' legal questions.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?

My sister in low is a 70 years old retired nurse senior. She lives alone in a condo in Miami FL. Her health is getting worst. She needs a kneed operation, and she hardly can walk. According to her she is trying to do a reverse mortgage, and her condo association is holding the process because theydo not have some insurance paper in compliance. Soon she is not going to be able to maintain herself if she does not apply for a reverse mortgage. She is very depressed and desperate. How can you help her?
That is not a response.
Thanks I will be waiting for your professional response.

I have read your post about your sister's situation.

What legal question do you have about the situation you have described?

Please state your legal question clearly.

Thank you.

Hi! Mr. Esquire.
One year ago Emilia contacted a reverse mortgage company representative because she wants to get benefit from their services. The company told her that she can not applied for that benefit because her condominium association did not renew that license, and all individuals that live in that place are losing that privilege. At that time, she spoke several times to her condo association representatives, and they answered to her that the building do not qualified any more because they do not have funds for paying that license. As I explained to you before Emilia bought that property long time ago, and she always has paid her association maintenance fees, mortgage and taxes without problem. Time is passing, and until today the condo association have ignored all her questions and they have not paid for that license violating the rights of all senior citizens that like Emilia wants to obtain the benefits that plan provide to elder citizens.
My legal question is:
What institution Emilia have to contact whom represent her violated senior citizen rights?
What legal steps she needs to take that make her condo association be in compliance and pay for that license?
Your advice is really appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your prompt attention to this matter.
Sincerely, Rosa

Unfortunate your question is outside the scope of the service that I can provide through JustAnswer.com, so I will opt-out of your question without any charge to you and will open your question up to other JustAnswer.com legal professional for review.

Thank you and good luck!

Thank you very much.
Rosa
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in. Rosa, can you please tell be specifically what insurance document the building management/owner lacks? This is very important. It depends on exactly what kind of insurance document (or, requirement) we are talking about here. Can you please be more specific? Thank you.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

My legal question is: What new housing law provides some protections
for seniors that own a condominium and apply for a reverse mortgage?
What institution Emilia have to contact whom represent her violated
senior citizen rights?
What legal steps she needs to take that make her condo association be
in compliance and pay for that license that allow them to get the reverse mortgage ?
Your advice is really appreciated.
Sincerely, Rosa
Rosa,
Thank you for your reply. However, this does not answer my information request, which was:
Can you please tell me specifically what insurance document the building management/owner lacks? This is very important. It depends on exactly what kind of insurance document (or, requirement) we are talking about here. Can you please be more specific? Thank you.
Without this information, I cannot fully answer your question.
Thanks in advance.
Tina, Lawyer