Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a farm of 114 ac In Roane county Tennessee. I did…

Customer Question
I have a farm of...
I have a farm of 114 ac In Roane county Tennessee. I did have cattle on it. Then the county spot zone properties next to my farm and other farms. And zone some land That is call Tiger haven some where around 25 ac to aloud it to houses 300 tiger and lions. So if you know tiger an lions don't mix so I lost the right to have cattle or to have any farm animals. To me it looks like spot zoning. I have a latter from the zoning office that said it is a nuisances. Roane County Commissions won't stop this place now there trying to have a expansion were they can houses 1000 cat. The properties around tiger haven is unsaleble. What can we do we can't get a lawyer to take it up.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are going to need an environmental land use attorney in TN (you are not likely going to find one close, but maybe in Nashville and Memphis). You can get one from one of the same sites used by other attorneys http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org
The attorney is going to need to engage an expert to testify in court about the harm this haven is causing to the local agricultural community and the inability to ranch cattle and safely farm the land. They would then argue that the county engaged in a "taking" of your property without due process by this zoning because they made your farm property worthless by their zoning and seek to get the court to reverse it.