Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

After 25 years, am I legally bound to move my fence that has

Customer Question
encroached my neighbors property by...
After 25 years, am I legally bound to move my fence that has encroached my neighbors property by less than three feet. I was not aware of the encroachment when I bought the property. The original owner sold the property in 2006. The second owner (after ten years) is now demanding that I move my fence. What are my options???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/14/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Has the neighbor taken any legal action as of this time?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer