Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I've been sitting in this mobile park half months painting…

Customer Question
I've been sitting in this...
I've been sitting in this mobile park for 2an half months painting for this gal to move out got approve to live here, she lead to believe I was going to get this trailer so I get my Calif tags for my car mean while I've been asking about buying it how much? The other day she no one eles wants it it a 70 year old place, Now shethis week she says she nor sure she gonna rent to me she saying other manager could of rented from other parks do I have a case? See I use to live here I tried to buy in here before one of the cit big guy says to me you will never be able to buy in here cause I'm not a party person don't drink
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Now i going to have to move to kingman,azrent cheaper there I called all around there is one wait to get into any senior place here in Calif my tag wernt even due but she said I have get my Nev plates off I only wake 1400 per month there is no other cheap then like I said I use to live here a year an half ago I never got my 500 deposit back I made 100 phone calls and wrote letters now there saying I have to put another deposit that's OK because I looked online there lots of people never get deposit back from Pama management thanks
2/13/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

You would have a claim against her for promissory estoppel. Meaning she promised you something, you did the painting for her and now she is not fulfilling her promise. Also, you would have a claim for unjust enrichment, meaning she got her place painted without paying you for it. So you would have some claims against her.