Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In texas warranty deeds the clause "those of record" does…

Customer Question
in texas warranty deeds the...
in texas warranty deeds the clause "those of record" does that mean anything of record including water rights records.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/11/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

"Of record" means any interest recorded and showing in the chain of title by virtue of being recorded with the registrar of titles or recorder of deeds for the county where the property is located. Recording has the legal effect of putting the world on notice of the interest recorded and making that interest "of record".

So, if the water rights were recorded with the county then they are "of record". If not, then they are not part of the chain of title and not, therefore, "of record".