Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have my house deed on me. It's thru metropolitan title…

Customer Question
I have my house deed...
I have my house deed on me . It's thru metropolitan title company. Who have since closed their business. Do I have to make changes to the deed thru them or can I use any title company I want to change my name and add my husbands name. We are renting the house out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/10/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

You do not need a title company to do this. All you need to do is fill out a quitclaim deed to yourself and record it with the county.

Here is a link to a Michigan quitclaim deed form:

https://www.oakgov.com/clerkrod/rod/Documents/quit_claim_deed_form.pdf

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?