How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34003
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have my house deed on me. It's thru metropolitan title

Customer Question

I have my house deed on me . It's thru metropolitan title company. Who have since closed their business. Do I have to make changes to the deed thru them or can I use any title company I want to change my name and add my husbands name. We are renting the house out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

You do not need a title company to do this. All you need to do is fill out a quitclaim deed to yourself and record it with the county.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to a Michigan quitclaim deed form:

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?