How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31680
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting married and moving to Kansas from Missouri. Can

Customer Question

I am getting married and moving to Kansas from Missouri. Can I buy a house in Kansas under just my name or will my husbands name have to be on the title?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My fiancé's credit is very poor and mine is good enough to qualify for a home loan, but will he have to be considered on the application for a home loan?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You can purchase the house and take out the loan in your name alone. But, the lender may require your spouse to sign a deed of trust to give it the right to foreclose in the event of a default.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, you could have your husband issue a quitclaim deed to you for any interest he may acquire in the property by virtue of their marriage.