Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I just checked my credit report and found that my husband in

Customer Question

I just checked my credit report and found that my husband in 2013 took out a conventional real estate mortgage for 142,000.00 on a joint account and I didn't know about it or even sign a paper or even see a paper about it, is that possible!!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

It is possible here, there may well be fraud involved, he could have forged signatures or other lies.The facility may not have understood you were married and on the deed.He likely would have had to made false statements and possibly signed your name.You should contact lender and ask for copy of note and loan application, etc.

Once you have a better picture of what he did you may want to involve the police as it affects you and your credit, etc.It would be legal only if he did not involve you or sign your name to anything and that is highly unlikely.It is more likely crimes were committed.

You would have right to sue here for half the proceeds if the husband kept all of these funds.

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this.I know how devastating this can be.You may want to involve the police and a lawyer to sue here.

Thanks for letting me help you.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much if you can leave a positive rating it is sincerely appreciated.