Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Split up partnership with brother he is still harassing me…

Customer Question
Split up partnership with brother...
Split up partnership with brother he is still harassing me he sends inspectors to a garage I park trucks in to one of my rental rental houses we r a big family and brother rat brother out but the city inspectors r doing selective enforcement because they live to go after us what r my options want to sue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

If your brother is harassing you by making false reports to inspectors, causing them to come out and disrupt your business and/or family life, you can bring an action in court for defamation (making false reports) and for nuisance (unreasonable interference with your use and enjoyment of the property you occupy). You can also sue for an injunction prohibiting any further behavior of this kind by the brother. If your brother fails to comply with an order that he stop his harassing behavior, he can be held in contempt of court.

The law is on your side and you do not have to continue being the subject of this harassment.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, please let me know and I will continue providing assistance. If I have addressed your concerns or pointed you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is how attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

If I have clarified your issue or helped point you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help provided.

Best,

Attorney 1