Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own 2/3 of my deceased dad's house along with my sister…

Customer Question
I own 2/3 of my...
I own 2/3 of my deceased dad's house along with my sister who owns 1/3. My other sister gave me her 1/3 - that's how I own 2/3. The sister that owns 1/3 says she is selling the house(which I know is impossible)but she changed the locks on the garage doors and also the lock to the house. We can't afford to buy each other out. Since I am majority owner of the house, how can I protect myself from her making changes to the house without informing me? Actually, what are my rights? By the way, she lives in Texas and I live in Ohio which is where the house is located. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Who is currently living there?