Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am looking lawyer who can help with a case in miami dade…

Customer Question
i am looking for a...
i am looking for a lawyer who can help with a case in miami dade florida regarding a business we bought here in houston but the previous owner has acquireda loan from a company in florida which he did not disclose at the time of sale and now they got a judgement on the 26th of jan without us knowing about the court date can we appeal this and how much time do we have.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You realize that none of the experts from this site are allowed by state law to represent anyone from this site. We can provide information only, not representation. If you just want information, we can do that, but you would need to hire a local attorney for appeal.

that is fine but can you let me know how much time we have since they already got a judgement on the case
Thank you for your reply.
You have 10 days from entry of judgment to file a notice of appeal and a motion to vacate judgment and then if they do not vacate the judgment, which they likely will since you were not served, you have 30 days to complete the appeal. Since you just learned of this you have to file your motion to vacate default as soon as possible.