How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking lawyer who can help with a case in miami dade

Customer Question

i am looking for a lawyer who can help with a case in miami dade florida regarding a business we bought here in houston but the previous owner has acquireda loan from a company in florida which he did not disclose at the time of sale and now they got a judgement on the 26th of jan without us knowing about the court date can we appeal this and how much time do we have.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You realize that none of the experts from this site are allowed by state law to represent anyone from this site. We can provide information only, not representation. If you just want information, we can do that, but you would need to hire a local attorney for appeal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is fine but can you let me know how much time we have since they already got a judgement on the case
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You have 10 days from entry of judgment to file a notice of appeal and a motion to vacate judgment and then if they do not vacate the judgment, which they likely will since you were not served, you have 30 days to complete the appeal. Since you just learned of this you have to file your motion to vacate default as soon as possible.