Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'd like to know specifically what cause of action can I…

Customer Question
I'd like to know...

I'd like to know specifically what cause of action can I bring to small claims court. My HOA board has offered to pay me to move twice, and sent four notices of alleged violations without notice of right to attend, says I cannot write other members about this but provides no option under opt out statute, even threatened to get restraining order if I contact members about Board misconduct/governance issues

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I emailed chair of AC committee and demanded retraction for false statements she made about me=I am 'harassing her. I then mailed membership rebuttal to this=I am 'harassing membership. I threw board outside HOA boundary=I violate common area rule, not even my board. I put gravel behind my gate=violation of common area rules, but I didn't and its not HOA land. Threat is fine, doubled fines if I repeat contact with members and court action for restraining order. This violates IDR agreement and Ethics policy of no retaliation against dissident owners.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

In what do you reside?