Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I signed a purchase agreement to buy a home. I had the home…

Customer Question
I signed a purchase agreement...
I signed a purchase agreement to buy a home. I had the home inspection done yesterday. The inspection revealed that the home had no central air conditioning. Both the Residential Agent Detailed Report and the all the online realty web sites claimed that the house did have central air conditioning. This seem like an egregious misrepresentation of the assets of the home. My real estate agent would like to propose to the seller that they install a new central air unit. I'm not happy leaving an expensive matter like this in the sellers hands, I don't trust them. Is there a way to get this contract nullified or mutually cancelled. Believe me when I say that I would have never visited this property, nor signed a contract if I had known then that it did not have any cooling or air conditioning. Your thoughts on the matter will be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/2/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RealEstateAnswer

Good afternoon. Is there any time frame stated in the contract which allows you to perform your due diligence and back out? Also, when you signed the contract, did you never seek or look for the central AC unit? What did they have in the home?

Hi, are you still with me?

the payment just processed

Great. Can you share with me some of the additional information? I just want to get a better understanding.