Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a purchase agreement with a person. The agreement…

Customer Question
I have a purchase agreement...
I have a purchase agreement with a person. The agreement with him and I. Was I would get my own financing on the house with in 6 to 9 months the 6 to 9 months would on escrow . Yesterday I get served with an eviction notice. I have held to my agreement with him thus far. What is my rights in this matter?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/2/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

How much time has passed since you made the deal? Have you gotten financing yet? What is the reason stated in the eviction notice? Also, is your purchase agreement in writing (I don't need to see it - you just have different rights if it is).

Tina, Lawyer