Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am trying to find the date of foreclosure on a previously…

Customer Question
Hi Richard, I am...

Hi Richard, I am trying to find the date of foreclosure on a previously owned property in Queens County NY Not sure where I can obtain that information

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I need to obtain the date of foreclosure in an effort to see when my 3 year waiting period is up to apply for an FHA mortgage Having a hard time finding a loan.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Lawyer

Hi there. You can determine this by looking up the property in the real property records of Queens County. That record will contain the entire title chain of the property, which will indicate the specific date of the foreclosure sale. You can easily look this up yourself; or, for a nominal charge, any title company will look it up for you.