Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im representing a buyer in a sale who also happens to be my…

Customer Question
Im representing a buyer in...
Im representing a buyer in a sale who also happens to be my fiancé. He is the only person on the mortgage and will be the sole person taking title and will be on the deed. Do I still have to disclose my relationship on the purchase agreement even though on paper I will not have an interest in the property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
2/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Since you would ultimately be married to him as his fiance, it is best to disclose any necessary information. I do not think the seller will be concerned one way or the other. They might try to push for you to take less commission since you will live there but you do not have to accept that.