Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Are there requirements the final sale proceeds from a

Customer Question
Are there requirements for...

Are there requirements for disclosing the final sale proceeds from a warehouse lien of a manufactured home? i want to know if the sale was larger than what they claim i owe. How do they get away with saying its a warehouse lien when they took possesion of my home in november but say that im still incurring charges beyond that date for storage costs yet refuse to allow me to sell it or enter it .what are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I was evicted from my home and my mothers of 21 yrs after she passed away on the basis of myself not being the leasee although i was a tenant on the lease agreement.not the signature holder. She didnt have a will and the mobilehome gave me a 7 days or quit notice saying i moved in without approval from park following my mothers death.Absolutely a huge lie and i can prove it thru my RSDA recieved to that address since 1995.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of these difficult circumstances and sorry for your loss. You definitely have rights in the matter and it's important to know what they are. The company is allowed to charge for storage, but most states require them to provide you with the opportunity to enter and remove the items, thus limiting the storage costs and avoiding a sale. Your post was unclear about your state, so I don't know whether this applies to you. In any event, they are required to provide you with a detailed accounting of costs associated with storage and must provide you with an accounting related to the sale because that directly impacts the amount of money you may actually owe. For instance, if you would've owed $2000 on back payments for the mobile home, and the sale generated $1000, with costs of $100, you would only continue to owe $900. BUT, if but the sale generated $3000 in proceeds, not only do you no longer owe anything on the mobile home, but they owe you the $1000 difference. You have a right to demand an accounting before relenting to payment. Most people find it very effective to make the demand in writing if they do not get a copy by requesting it over the phone.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll be happy to continue providing assistance. If I have addressed your issue, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.

If I have clarified your issue or helped point you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the information provided.

Best,

Attorney 1

Just checking in to find out how your situation is progressing. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm here to help.

Best,

Attorney 1

Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney