Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

There was a writ of execution on a rental property owed to…

Customer Question
there was a writ of...
there was a writ of execution on a rental property for money owed to the HOA. I objected to the levy, the later in court the Attorney for the HOA and I agreed to have the tenants sent the rent to the Sheriff's Dept...unfortunately my tenants lost there jobs and the HOA is trying to evict them... being that I agreed and was not court ordered to turnover the rent does the writ of execution stay enforceable and what penalty would I face...I now the rent is going toward the mortgage..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Was there any private agreement that the HOA could evict the tenants and re-rent so as to apply the rent to any delinquent fees?

.

.

thanks