Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We applied .we had a 30 yr conventional mortgage with our…

Customer Question
We applied for modification .we...
We applied for modification .we had a 30 yr conventional mortgage with our credit union at 5% it was bought by CW then taken over by BOA. . We were advised not to make payment then they sent letter of foreclosure 2010 they refused our payments. BOA did not file foreclosure with court until 2013. We kept sending hundreds of papers we were never denied until 2015. We were allowed to make 1 payment in September 2015 and when I asked why my worker said it had been taken out of foreclosure ! We were not allowed to make anymore payments and the bank sent another foreclosure notice yet it has not been filed with court, we want to stay on our home . We built it 23 years ago. We were never late on payments always paid extra so we could pay off early. We have been told we do not qualify for refinancing because we are so late in payments, that is because the bank would not let us pay !HELP please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/28/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?
2) Has the bank actually already foreclosed on the home? If so, what date did this happen?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.