How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother's foundation in her condo is faulty and creating

Customer Question

My Mother's foundation in her condo is faulty and creating water leakage behind the her walls and in turn mold coming through the drywall. We were given in writing several documents from the owner and realtor prior to purchase stating that these issues had been addressed, well first big rain after my Mother moved in and hello water leak. My Mother's condo is a sub basement unit, so 3 out of 4 walls are below ground level. I only thought my Mother was responsible for studs in since this is what it states in her Condo Insurance, however the Property Management Company wants my Mother to pay to have the foundation fixed or have her insurance cover it, which they won't because her condo insurance doesn't cover the exterior walls of the condo or the foundation. I'm confused how the Property Management company can take this stance other than wanting to pass the buck to my Mother and not involve their own insurance on the building, any suggestions other than taking them to court?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My Mother has water coming through her condo walls, the condo is partially below ground, there is a foundation issue causing water to come in through her walls, the Property Management Company wants her to fix the foundation or her insurance to cover the fixing of the foundation. It's a condo, I don't believe my Mother owns the foundation, her insurance states she only owns from the studs inwards, not the physical outside of the condo building, they are not townhomes, set up more like apartments.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?