Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I started the process of refi on my home, I am having second…

Customer Question
I started the process of...
I started the process of refi on my home, I am having second thoughts. Do I have to continue or can I stop the process?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/28/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Yes, you can back out at any time. You even have up to 3 days after the actual refi is done to cancel it and receive any money you have spent on the refi back in full under federal law.

.

So you can just notify the lender that you have changed your mind and don't want to continue.

.

As an aside, I used to be a closing attorney for 4 different lenders...

.

.

thanks