How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a Condo. We are currently paying our monthly home

Customer Question

We have a Condo. We are currently paying our monthly home owner association bills. However, in 2013 we have 5 payments that have not been made. We are making payments when we can do it. However, these 5 payments that would be 1,300. Has turned into 5,691.00. They are sending us papers that they want to foreclose on us. Is this legal, can a home owner association company, foreclose on us?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

Unfortunately, yes an HOA does have a right to both place a lien against your home, and to foreclose if the lien is not paid.

See: for an overview of the process and procedural protections in place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I signed up for a 7 days free trial. Is this true?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, as an expert, I do not have access to check to see what kind of account you have currently, to confirm your account status you will need to contact our Customer Service at: My apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you for using our forum, and I do wish you the best of luck with your matter. Please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Best regards,