How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2170
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a MOLD problem growing in my apartment. Is the

Customer Question

I have a MOLD problem growing in my apartment. Is the landlord (thru their insurance)responsible to prove me with a place to stay while the repairs are taking place? DO I pay rent for the month of February? What are MY RIGHTS?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am terribly sorry to hear this. You can certainly request they provide temporary accommodations while the problem is addressed. You also have the right to withhold rent so that you can repair the issue itself. Landlords are required to provide a habitable and safe premises for the tenant. You also have the opportunity to abandon if the mold issue is so severe.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Here is a great resource for you to use not only in this case but going forward. You may have a claim against the Landlord because there is a certain handbook he should have given you when there is a mold problem.