How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37850
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live on a boat at a federal harbor and have become

Customer Question

I live on a boat at a federal harbor and have become disabled. There are no disabled parking spaces near my dock. I am unable to walk the distance from the nearest DP parking space to my boat. What are my ADA rights (DP placard holder) as to the distance the nearest DP parking should be to my residence at the end of the dock? May I ask the harbormaster to make a space near my residence a blue DP parking space?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon James,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While you can certainly request of the harbor-master that they arrange for the creation of a handicap parking space that may be used by you and other disabled persons, there is no law which mandates that a disabled parking spot be placed within so many feet of a federal dock or harbor.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Related Real Estate Law Questions