Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I own a residential property that the house down by the

Customer Question
I own a residential property...
I own a residential property that the house burnt down by the proposed buyers negligence (and is a serious danger area). They have made a down payment but escrow has not closed. In the mean time the proposed buyers went to the sheriff and showed them the receipt for the down payment, and the sheriff has instructed me not to enter that property or I would be trespassing, since the proposed buyers are legal owners. What can I do to get an order ?? to prevent them from entering onto my property, until escrow has closed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/27/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Have you gone to the Sheriff's office yourself an showed them the full contract that explains that they are not owners until the closing?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.