Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am applying Reverse Morgage and they want a birth

Customer Question
I am applying for a...
I am applying for a Reverse Morgage and they want a birth certificate for my wife. I applied
For one in Austin,Tx. They could not find it. She was born in 1932. How can I get around this problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/27/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your wife is going to need a birth certificate for many reasons, so if Texas Vital Records cannot find any birth certificate, you are going to have to apply for a delayed birth certificate: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/VS/delayed/default.shtm
Your wife is going to need to contact Vital Records at the link above and get the forms to fill out to get them to issue a delayed certificate if her certificate cannot be found or is missing.