Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have a neighbor that has been arrested several times on…

Customer Question
We have a neighbor that...
We have a neighbor that has been arrested several times on domestic violence issues. We have been awoken several times by loud fights at 3 or 4 in the morning. We have filed complaints with the police and our homeowners association. We live in a Townhome complex and unit next to ours, that holds the offenders, is a rental. This is just the most recent in a string of incidents going back many years. Our Homeowners Association has a stack of complaints and has fined the owner many many times. But nothing seems to stop the problem. We had a similar situation that occurred in another area of our development in which a public nuisance statue was used to force the owner of the unit to sell which immediately corrected the problem. What can we do, Aurora, CO
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/27/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation.

.

Has the HOA Board ever taken any other action other than fining the property owner? .

..

Are you willing to take legal action against the Board as well as the property owner?

..

Thanks.

.Barrister