Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If someone is building a building that is not allowed or has…

Customer Question
If someone is building a...
If someone is building a building that is not allowed or has not asked permission, what can be done to stop the completion of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/27/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

There are a couple of options. You should notify the appropriate City or County agency that governs this and let them know. If they are not responding fast enough, you and the other neighbors can file for an injunction in your local district court asking the judge to stop the construction which then may give the city more time to intervene.