How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone is building a building that is not allowed or has

Customer Question

If someone is building a building that is not allowed or has not asked permission, what can be done to stop the completion of it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

There are a couple of options. You should notify the appropriate City or County agency that governs this and let them know. If they are not responding fast enough, you and the other neighbors can file for an injunction in your local district court asking the judge to stop the construction which then may give the city more time to intervene.

Related Real Estate Law Questions