Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

A condo board member asked an 84 year old man what s

Customer Question
A condo board member asked...
A condo board member asked an 84 year old man what his disability was and why did he had a handicap parking permit. This was in the condo parking lot. Can a board member do this legally?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/26/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can a board member do this legally?

.

The Board member isn't legally prevented from asking...but the 84 year old is under no duty to disclose any personal confidential medical information if they choose not to do so. He can simply tell the Board member it is none of his business..

.

Is it inappropriate....yes. But it is illegal...no.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer