Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I need to do a quitclaim to take my ex wife off of the title

Customer Question

I need to do a quitclaim to take my ex wife off of the title to my rental property in Florida. How do I go about doing this? And what cost are involved?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you tonight.

You can do this yourself.You complete the form here, the ex is the grantor and you the grantee.You would put your name in t he prepared by at top.You will need the legal description.Ex as to sign it in front of notary.You file it in the county deed records.They film it and return original to you for your records.

Forms here..

http://www.clayclerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Quitclaim-Deed.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the costs involved?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

The only costs here if you do it yourself would be small filing fee.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

The base filing fee for Florida quit claim deeds is $6 for the first page, and $4.50 for each additional page

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WRONG. In Florida you have to pay doc stamps. You sir, do not know what you're talking about. Check out this link: http://www.eanswer.com/real-estate-law/5vjc5-want-file-quitclaim-deed-state-florida.html
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I thought you were asking what the filing fees were.If you u are filing the deed then you would have to pay the stamp tax to transfer the property.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

The tax here is due if the property has a mortgage, not assessed if there is no mortgage.Again thanks for letting me clarify here.