How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42209
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to sell my Ft Myers Home myself. What documents,

Customer Question

I want to sell my Ft Myers Home myself. What documents, forms needed? For example in Ohio I needed a notarized statement concerning lead paint, asbestos, any open wells and radon.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you.

You need sales contract, disclosures,promissory note , deed, etc.

Here they all are in a packet, you can free preview if you click on free preview.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Disclosure Required

The buyer of a condominium unit from an individual is entitled to receive copies of certain governing documents at the seller’s expense, if the buyer so requests in writing. If such request is made, the buyer may cancel the contract for the sale of a condominium unit within 3 days, excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays after the contract was executed by the buyer and the buyer has received a current copy of the declaration of condominium, articles of incorporation, bylaws, and rules of the association, a copy of the most recent year-end financial report and frequently asked questions and answers document, and a copy of the condominium governance form prepared by the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes.

Florida Statute Section 718.503(2) requires that each contract for the resale of a residential condominium unit contain one of two disclosures in “conspicuous type” (defined as bold type in capital letters no smaller than the largest type, exclusive of headings, on the page on which it appears and, in all cases, at least 10-point type, and separated on all sides from other type and print). The specific language is found in the statute, but the first clause states that the buyer acknowledges that he has been provided with the documents more than 3 days prior to the execution of the contract. The second clause states that the contract is voidable by the buyer by delivering written notice to cancel within 3 days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) after the execution of the contract and receipt by the buyer of the stated governing documents, if requested in writing.

Accordingly, as the language requires the buyer to request the condominium documents in writing in order to trigger the 3 day right of rescission period, it should be stated clearly in the contract whether or not the buyer requests the documents.

Her in order to avoid delay a seller should request from the association and compile all required current condominium governing documents prior to listing the condominium for sale so the documents are available at soon as possible for a potential buyer.

This will help you then complete a sale and disclosure.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.