Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

MY GRANDFATHER GIFTED ME HOUSE WITH INTENT TO TRANSFER

Customer Question
DEED/TITLE TO ME, BUT DIED...
MY GRANDFATHER GIFTED ME HOUSE WITH INTENT TO TRANSFER DEED/TITLE TO ME, BUT DIED BEFORE COMPLETE. I FIND OUT TRUSTEES ADDED IT TO TRUST AND NOW ARE TRYING TO VACATE ME AND CHILDREN. IVE BEEN HERE 6 YEARS BEFORE GRANDPA DIED, NEVER ASKED FOR RENT AS THE HOUSE IS MINE. MY MOTHER WAS POA SHE DIED 25 DAYS BEFORE MT POP. NOW UNCLES APPOINTED SELVES TRUSTEE AND SERVED ME 60 DAY NOTICE TO VACATE/TERMINATE TENANCY. I HAVE LAST DEEDS BUT WHAT DO I FILE FIRST? IM IN SUISUN CITY CA 94585
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...what do you mean you have last deeds?

Did he sign a transfer deed to you?

well thats long part. my mother was coerced by my uncles with threats to hurt her and one uncle went into bank wailing a knife etc . to get her to have grandfather believe he was ending the living trust he and gramma made prior to her death in 03. she died 10/08 he was sole person after that. but mom was trustee. she died 6-22=15 grampa died 7-24-15. uncles apparently apptd self as trustee. but!! in 2011 grampa got deeds to his house and mine that the 2 houses were transferred to trust. at time he was sole grantor/trustee AND MAD THE TRUST WAS NOT ENDED. HE WENT OPENED NEW ACCT AT BANK IN HIS NAME. UNCLE DID KNIFE SCENE AND WAS BANNED [HES BIPOLAR] UNCLES THREATENING MOM AND WITH DEATH WANTED HER GET POA AND DR TO SAY ALZHEIMERS. CONSTANTLY SCARING POP AND MOM. SHE GOT BACK ON ACCTS AND UNCLES FORCED HER GIVE MONEY ETC.
IN SOLANO CALIF IS PROPRITARY ESSTOPEL VALID FOR CAUSE RATHER THAN JUST DEFENSE
HELLO OUT THERE

SOrry...I was looking to an answer to the question, did he transfer the property via deed...is the answer no?

NOT TO ME. HE GAVE ME THE DEEDS THAT HAD BEEN TRANFERRED TO TRUST AND RECORDED AND HE GOT FROM RECORDRES OFFICE. TOLD ME TO HOLD ONTO THEM AND HIS WAR STUFF AND LIFE INS POLICY PAPERS BUT NO VALUE BECAUSE I DONT THINK HAD BENEFICIARY ASSIGNED. BUT DONT REALLY KNOW, I JUST WANTED PEACE FOR HIM. I VOWED NO INHERITANCE JUST HOUSE AS TO AVOID FAMILY ENTANGLEMENTS. EVERYONE IS VERY AWARE I BECAME DISABLED DIVORCED AND DIAGNOSED. HE GAVE ME HOUSE AS TO NEVER BE DISPLACED.
WHY? HOW MUCH COST? I NEED KNOW BEFORE THREE O CLOCK WHICH DEPT AND WHAT PAPER THATS ALL. PLEEEEASE DONT LEAVE ME JUST HANGIN I DONT HAVE TIME
Real Estate Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello. I noticed that the prior attorney has opted out. But you also mentioned a time limit of 3 PM California time (which has now passed). Do you still need help? If so, I am willing to answer any legal questions that you have. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Tina, Lawyer