How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116719
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a that we put on MLS with the direction that they can

Customer Question

I have a PUd that we put on MLS with the direction that they can reserve a lot the homes are not up yetwe are taking 1% of sale price to hold lot this is just a reservation for that
lot what do I do with escrow check
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You must have a separate account called an "escrow account" at the bank and you should theoretically have a third party as an escrow agent, but that is not mandatory as long as you keep the funds separate from your operating funds in the escrow account. So you need to set up an account at the bank that is separate from your other accounts for the escrow.

Related Real Estate Law Questions