Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a that we put on MLS with the direction that they can…

Customer Question
I have a PUd that...
I have a PUd that we put on MLS with the direction that they can reserve a lot the homes are not up yetwe are taking 1% of sale price to hold lot this is just a reservation for that
lot what do I do with escrow check
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/25/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You must have a separate account called an "escrow account" at the bank and you should theoretically have a third party as an escrow agent, but that is not mandatory as long as you keep the funds separate from your operating funds in the escrow account. So you need to set up an account at the bank that is separate from your other accounts for the escrow.