Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

A local phone company has asked easement from me to use land…

Customer Question
A local phone company has...
A local phone company has asked for an easement from me to use land to put up a splicing station, they are going to optic fiber. I have read the easement given for my review and it appears very broad and encompassing use of any part of the property if need be at a later date. I at least want to see the size of the installation and exact location planned before signing off. What should I be wary of. In New York, Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/24/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Are you being offered any type of compensation for this easement?

What is the incentive for you to agree to such an easement on your property?