Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I'm in Florida and bought a 100 year old house 4 months ago.

Customer Question
The realtor ordered 1 inspection...
I'm in Florida and bought a 100 year old house 4 months ago. The realtor ordered 1 inspection for termites but I found out that the original inspection recommended electrical plumbing and hvac all of which have failed. I'm up to 50000.00 out of. Pocket and would never have bought this house had I know I was going to be out all that. Is the realtor liable for not getting the inspections that the original inspection clearly indicated the need?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, it is the buyer's responsibility to order all necessary inspections and perform all of their own due diligence. That obligation does not fall on the realtor.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer